Operations and Events Intern
The US Nigeria Council (USNC) is seeking an operations and events intern to support the administrative and event planning activities of the Council, including event coordination and execution, scheduling and communications assistance, expenditure tracking, and other operational and administrative support required to advance the Council’s strategic objectives.
The USNC is a non-profit business organization dedicated to strengthening commercial ties between the United States and Nigeria. The Council builds and supports long-term business partnerships between US and Nigerian companies that drive innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer, job creation, and economic growth in both economies. The Council acts as a critical facilitator to help build and sustain the US-Nigeria commercial relationship. With a focus on strengthening trust and relationships between US and Nigerian companies and performing high-level deal-focused matchmaking, the Council offers a concierge-like service for its US company members looking to do business in Nigeria and for Nigerian members seeking US partners.
- Assist in event planning and event coordination for exclusive C-suite-level dinners and events in multiple cities in the United States
- Assist in coordinating executive level delegations’ visits in Washington DC, New York, Lagos and Abuja
- Draft communications to C-suite-level executives and high-level government officials
- Assist in managing USNC website, communications, and membership database
- Detailed note-taking at meetings
- Assisting in setting meetings, preparing agendas, maintain communications with members and USNC staff and developing materials/preparing reports
- Administrative support as necessary for USNC operations
- Research, propose, and execute for increasing operational efficiencies
- Detailed tracking of expenditures and budgets
- Exceptional writing and research abilities
- Organizational skills (e.g. maintaining databases, tracking outreach, ensuring follow-up)
- Experience with project management, event planning & coordination
- Self-motivated and driven with a strong work ethic. Hustler attitude a plus.
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial minded, fast-paced, and versatile environment
- Reliable with a track record of project deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred)
Expected 20-35 hours / week. Compensation based on experience and availability. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (memo preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.