Strategy and Operations Part-Time Associate
The US Nigeria Council (USNC) is seeking a strategy and operations part-time associate to support the every-day activities of the Council, including coordinating outreach to member companies and conducting research to advance members’ strategic objectives.
The USNC is a non-profit business organization dedicated to strengthening commercial ties between the United States and Nigeria. The Council builds and supports long-term business partnerships between US and Nigerian companies that drive innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer, job creation, and economic growth in both economies. The Council acts as a critical facilitator to help build and sustain the US-Nigeria commercial relationship. With a focus on strengthening trust and relationships between US and Nigerian companies and performing high-level deal-focused matchmaking, the Council offers a concierge-like service for its US company members looking to do business in Nigeria and for Nigerian members seeking US partners.
- Actively participate in deal-focused matchmaking between US and Nigerian companies, by identifying and researching potential partners (US or Nigerian) for the Council’s members
- Respond to Council members inquiries and research requests
- Track policy issues that affect companies operating in the US and Nigeria
- Coordinate executive level delegations’ visits in Washington DC, New York, Lagos and Abuja
- Draft communications to C-Suite-level executives and high-level government officials
- Manage USNC website, communications, and membership database
- Be the central coordinator for an ICT committee setting meetings, preparing agendas, maintaining communications with members and developing materials/preparing reports
- Exceptional writing and research abilities
- Organizational skills (e.g. maintaining databases, tracking outreach, ensuring follow-up, event planning)
- Self-motivated and driven with a strong work ethic. Hustler attitude a plus.
- Understanding of the US Nigeria business landscape
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage US and Nigerian stakeholders
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial minded, fast-paced, and versatile environment
- Experience living, studying or working in Nigeria a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred)
Expected 20-35 hours / week. Compensation based on experience and availability. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (memo preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.